Ramsgate Main Sands
Ramsgate Main Sands are a popular long stretch of sandy beach, next to the Royal Harbour (the only one in the UK) and Marina. There are children's amusements, and nearby arcades and restaurants offering al fresco dining, as well as kiosks serving hot and cold food & drinks, deck chair and lounger hire, and toilets.
- Seasonal Lifeguards: RNLI Lifeguard cover from 10am-6pm, Saturday 29th May - Thursday 8th July Weekends and Bank Holidays only; Daily from Friday 9th July - 5th September.
- Toilets: Open daily from Monday 29th March at East Pier Yard (adjacent Harbour Arm) and Marina Esplanade (The Bathing Station), unless closed for regular cleaning.
- Disabled toilets
- Disabled access to the beach
- Beach wheelchairs available; for further information, contact 07432 648275
- Deckchair hire
- Cliff Lift (closed for 2021)
- No Dogs allowed at any time between 1st May and 30th September.
Please remember, if you are visiting our beaches and bays, that some COVID-19 restrictions are still in place. Please 'Respect, Protect and Enjoy' and leave only your footprints.
Seaside Award 2019
To find out about accessibility at this beach, please click here
Restaurant / Cafe / Tea shop