Closed in 1965, Meopham Parish Council led the restoration of the Mill and it now serves as the headquarters of the Parish Council.
Visitors to Meopham are struck by the unusual design of its Grade II listed, six-sided windmill. This "smock" mill was built in 1801 by the Killick brothers, a highly respected Kentish milling family, and is named due the similarity between the mill outline and the clothing worn by agricultural workers. The Killicks sold the mill in 1889 and it was the Norton family who were responsible for the mill's switch from being sales driven to engine powered. The windmill ceased to be a working mill in 1965.
Overlooking the quintessential village green at Meopham, Meopham Windmill is of a traditional 'smock' design built in 1801 by the Killick brothers reputedly from old ships timbers purchased from Chatham Dockyard