Gravesend Milton Cemetery
The oldest part of Gravesend Cemetery was originally developed as pleasure gardens in the Victorian era as a rival to the more well-known Rosherville Gardens. It became a cemetery in 1839 but some of the original features of the gardens can still be seen today.
The buildings are Grade II listed and the site is included on the English Heritage list of Historic Parks and Gardens.
Arranged visits give the opportunity to learn more about the history of the site. A short talk, a guided walk and the opportunity to view some of the old documents displayed in the Chapel (formerly the Tea Room of the gardens) can be arranged on appointment only.