This magnificent horseshoe-shaped bay is the main attraction in Broadstairs. This was the holiday destination of choice for Charles Dickens, who even wrote an affectionate piece on the town, Our English Watering Place. The long sandy bay, cliff-top promenade, and boardwalk make this bay a timeless thing of beauty.
The Surf School is open from March to October, offering a range of water sports.
- Seasonal Lifeguards: RNLI daily Lifeguard cover from Saturday 29th May - Sunday 5th September, 10am-6pm.
- Toilets (Seasonal): Open from Monday 29th March (except when closed for daily cleaning).
- First aid point
- Bay information
- Deckchair hire
- Beach wheelchairs available (1 available until September 2021) - for further information, contact 07432 648275.
- Beach shops
- Beach hut hire
- Cliff Lift to the beach (Open from 21st July daily 10am-6pm)
- Parking: If you can, please travel on foot, by bike, or by public transport. If you do use one of our public car parks, you will be advised to make payment over the phone/internet using RingGo. Car park locations can be found here.
- No Dogs allowed at any time from 1st May until 30th September, any time.
Please remember, if you are visiting our beaches and bays, that some COVID-19 restrictions are still in place. Please 'Respect, Protect and Enjoy' and leave only your footprints.
Seaside Award 2021
To find out about accessibility at this beach, please click here
Restaurant / Cafe / Tea shop