A surfer's paradise, Joss Bay is a popular 200-metre long strtch of sand, best known as Thanet's best surfing beach. It is surrounded by fields and a golf course, so offers a wide expanse of sand and carefree play.
There is plenty of exposed sand at high tide, but take care walking, as the beach does get cut off at both ends when the tide comes in (at high tide).
- Blue Flag Award 2023
- Designated for bathing
- 2023 Seasonal Lifeguards: Daily Saturday 27th May – Sunday 3rd September 10am-6pm
- Seasonal Toilets
- Beach Shower
- Disabled Access to the beach
- Disabled Toilets
- Surf School & equipment hire / lessons
- Kiddies' Corner with bouncy castle and trampolines (seasonal)
- Deckchair & Lounger Hire
- Beach Shop & Cafe
- Dog Ban in place between 10am - 6pm, from 1st May until 30th September.
- BBQs allowed only after 6pm. Please take rubbish & coals, etc away, and ensure they are fully extinguished
To find out about accessibility at this beach, please click here