A surfer's paradise, Joss Bay is a popular 200 metre long bay, best known as Thanet's best surfing beach. It is surrounded by fields and a golf course, so offers a wide expanse of sand and carefree play.
There is plenty of exposed sand when the tide is in, but take care walking, as the beach will get cut off at both ends at high tide.
- Blue Flag Award 2022
- Seasonal Toilets: Open from 2nd April 2022
- Seasonal Lifeguards: Daily 28 May – 4 September 10am-6pm
- Disabled access to the beach
- Disabled Toilets
- Kiddies' Corner with bouncy castle and trampolines (seasonal)
- Cafe, Deckchair/ Lounger hire, Rockpooling, Beach shop.
- No Dogs are allowed on this beach between 10am - 6pm, from 1st May until 30th September.
- BBQs permitted after 6pm. Please take away rubbish and ensure fully extinguished
Be Beach Safe. This means checking the weather and the tides, keeping an eye on your family, and not using inflatables. In an emergency, call 999 for the Coastguard.
Please remember, if you are visiting our beaches and bays, 'Respect, Protect and Enjoy' and leave only your footprints.
To find out about accessibility at this beach, please click here