St Andrew's Arts Centre
Originally built as a Mission Church for the riverside community of Gravesend, St Andrew's is now an arts centre run by the Gravesend Arts Council hosting a programme of drama, concerts and art and heritage exhibitions.
Designed by George Edmund Street, a renowned and highly regarded Victorian architect, the building of the Mission Church was built in 1871 funded by the daughter of Admiral Sir Francis Beaufort KCB, as a memorial to her father, the inventor of the Beaufort Scale.
The primary purpose was to undertake missionary work amongst the Gravesend port community, but as this declined following the building of Tilbury Docks the church retained its strong association with the waterside people.
Royal Pier Road
The Clarendon Royal Hotel
Best Western Manor Hotel
October half-term at Temple Manor
October half-term at Rochester Castle