New Tavern Fort
The Fort is the remains of an 18th century fort situated within the Fort Gardens and built in the 1780s to defend the Thames against the threat of a naval attack from France and extensively rebuilt by General Gordon between 1865 and 1879.
The Fort was re-armed in 1904 and guns representing that period of development are now on display. Come along and venture into the mysterious underground world of the Victorian artilleryman and see the magazines and full size reconstructions of scenes from Gravesend during the Second World War.
Guide Dogs, Hearing Dogs and Registered Assistance Dogs welcome
Concessions entry qualification: £1.00
Milton Chantry Heritage Centre
Best Western Manor Hotel
October half-term at Temple Manor
October half-term at Rochester Castle