#KentStaycation Competition Terms & Conditions
Please read the below #KentStaycation competition Terms & Conditions carefully:
- By submitting your Entry, you warrant and undertake that:
- Use of your entry: By submitting your entry, you irrevocably grant a licence (i.e. permission) for the Promoter and its agents and licensees to edit, publish, broadcast and otherwise use your entry for [any and all purposes, in any and all media throughout the world in perpetuity] (or, where such a licence is not lawful or enforceable, for up to 50 years from the date the entry is submitted to the Promotion), including, without limitation, on the Promoter’s publicly accessible website(s), Facebook page(s), Twitter feeds, YouTube page(s)/channel(s), and all other media whether now known or hereafter invented (“permitted purposes”). For the avoidance of doubt the Promoter may, without limitation, add further content of its own choosing to your entry and or edit/splice it together with other entries.
- Votes will only be counted once per unique user.
- There will also be a secondary prize, awarded at random to 1 winner who votes on a photo entry and submits their email address.
- The 8 weekly winners will be entered into a shortlist where their images will be displayed on Visit Kent’s Facebook page between Friday 6th October and Friday 13th October. A grand prize winner will be selected on Friday 13th October based on the highest number of ‘Likes’ received on their image within this time period.
- Winners of the 8 weekly competitions will be notified by email or through Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (depending on method of entry) by 6pm on the week of entry. To claim the prize, the Winner(s) must reply to this message within five days of this date. If we do not hear from the winner within this time, the weekly prize will be redrawn. In this case the prize will be awarded to the entrant with the next highest voting score.
- One grand prize winner and 8 weekly winners will be selected from all complete, correct and eligible entries received before the closing date. Each of the 8 weekly winners will be selected based on the highest number of public votes for their image, in the event of a tie a prize will be given to each of the tied entries.
- If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent or unsportsman-like conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the promotion, choice of prize winner(s) or any entry) the Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, and hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties. Incomplete entries, and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions, will be disqualified and will not be counted.
- Closing date: Submissions for weekly prizes should be made by 4:00pm BST each Friday, from Friday 11th August until Friday 6th October 2017.
- To take part in this Promotion you will need to ‘Like’ the Visit Kent Facebook page, and submit a photo of Kent. Entries can be made in one of the following ways:
- By uploading a new image directly to this page
- By sharing an image on Twitter or Instagram using the #KentStaycation
- By uploading an existing Facebook photo to this page
One entry in total allowed per person throughout the promotional period and per household. We cannot accept entries by any other means.
- No purchase necessary; however internet access is required. Valid Facebook, Instagram and Twitter account may also be required.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this Promotion.
- This competition is open to all residents of UK aged 18 years or over. Proof of age will be required. Employees (or family members of employees) of any group company of the Promoter, companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates of such companies may not enter this Promotion.
- You are the legal and beneficial owner of all intellectual property rights in the entry (including all images, footage, music and text submitted by you as part of the entry process), that your entry is your own original work and does not infringe any third party rights;
- You have the right to grant the Promoter permission to use your entry in the ways described in clause 10 of these terms and conditions.
- Your entry does not infringe English law or the law in the country in which you are normally resident;
- Your entry does not, to the best of your knowledge and belief, infringe the law of any other country;
- Your entry complies with all terms and conditions of use applicable to the relevant social media platforms.
- You hereby waive and agree not to assert (and warrant that all individuals featured have waived and agreed not to assert) any moral rights in and in connection with the entry;
- You shall, on request, allow the Promoter to use your entry for the permitted purposes;
- You have obtained all relevant rights and written permission for individuals (including animals) featured in the entry and that your entry does not feature anyone under the age of 12 (unless it is your own child and you have that child’s consent);The Promoter reserves the right to pass on any entry (including the associated personal details) which cause it concern to the relevant authorities.
- This week's prize (winner announced Friday 6th October) is:
2 x Family Passes for Dover Castle
a) any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion, and
b) any changes to, supply of (including, without limitation, prizes which do not reach the intended recipient), or use of the prize, and
c) any act or default of any third party supplier, which are beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.