Heritage Open Days
8th September - 9th September 2018
Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th September 2-4pm
A smock mill which is the very last of the nineteen windmills found in Thanet in the late nineteenth century. Built c 1845 by John Holman of Canterbury. Restored 1965 to 1974 by volunteers. Thanet Beekeepers and the Trust for Thanet Archaeology are exhibiting in the rear meadow on the Saturday. Julius Caesar noted Thanet for its corn.
Toilet facilities available and local street parking.
Access to mill itself limited, as the stairs are very steep.